;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Wholesale Air Jordan n0xxxcwr - 男同交友 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Wholesale Air Jordan n0xxxcwr

By Ralph Seeram“Police in riot gear break up shoe melee at Florida Mall” the headline read. I could not believe what I was seeing on the local T V news, hundreds of  unruly people milling around the parking lot of the Mall at midnight waiting to buy a stupid sneaker.It was supposed to be the launching of a new glow in the dark sneaker by Nike to coincide with the NBA All Star weekend in Orlando. “I saw hundreds of people running towards me; I thought I was going to get trampled”, said one prospective purchaser who with a group of  friends traveled hundreds of miles from out of town to buy the limited edition sneakers which costs a little over US$200.Rumour was that the sneakers could be resold for ten times the purchase, so the motive of some was to make a profit, but most of the would be buyers wanted the sneakers for their personal collection. “It was pandemonium,” according to one bystander.More than a 100 law enforcement officers turned up in full riot gear to control the shoppers. They were supported by mounted police, along with helicopters hovering overhead. Again all of that for a stupid pair of sneakers. The riot police formed a line and used their shields to push the crowd out of the parking lots .The store postponed the sale of the sneakers, which incensed the crowd further.People “hanged around” until opening time around 9am the following morning, and guess what the riot police had to be out in full force again.I could never understand this obsession for certain sneakers by some young people. This mentality of “I had it first” is strange. I know people who would spend $150 for a pair of sneakers, but would not spend $10 on health vitamins for themselves.I once had a tenant who was very obsessive about Timberland Boots as well as all brand name sneakers. He was a bachelor. Besides and old couch and a table his entire apartment was filled with boots, sneakers, caps and jersies to match. This is no exaggeration; the guy had no less than 200 pairs of sneakers and boots and about the same number of caps.He often told me to help myself to any pair I like; trouble was he was a size 12 while I am a size eight shoe size.This was a fellow who struggled to pay his rent on time, but was always up to date with the latest issue of sneakers, Timberland boots or team caps. Eventually I had to let him move from the apartment. Apparently where he was moving to, did not have enough space. He left dozens of pairs of sneakers, boots and caps in large garbage bags behind the building.In my heart I could not through them away, I thought of shipping them to Guyana, but didn’t know anyone who wears size12. Fortunately the new tenant was a size 12 or so he claimed and was excited at the collection. He was knowledgeable of the stuff as he related the type of sneakers and hats and when they were launched. I never knew people paid so much attention to sneakers.Speaking about boots, a few years back I was going to Guyana when a relative got wind of it. “Uncle Ralph” the voice on the other end of the line in Guyana said “could you bring me a Timberland boots”.“A what?” I asked in surprise.“A Timberland boots,” he repeated. I fully well knew what he was speaking about.“Do you know they cost over a $100 U S?” I asked him.“Yes I know,” he replied.‘Well I don’t wear or buy $100 boots or sneakers and I am not about to start now.”I wear Nike, Adidas, Reebok or New Balance sneakers,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, but I have two criteria in buying them; one, they must be wide EEE and they must be under $50. I never pay over $50. I simply wait when they have a sale during the holidays and purchase three pairs at a time. Why three pairs at a time? Well my early days growing up in Guyana were bare feet. My yachting boots was only for school, so I developed “broad feet”, hence my need for wide EEE. When I find the right price and comfort I buy three pairs.As to my relative in Guyana, if his only need was a Timberland boots to show off to his friends he was certainly not doing it at my expense. Speaking of which, Guyanese at home have become very “brand conscious.”A few years ago a relative of mine brought a dozen pairs of leather sneakers and took them for her relatives in Guyana. They were off brand sneakers but of same quality. In Guyana she was surprised that some relatives refused the sneakers because they were not of a particular brand.During my visit to Guyana last December, I was with a relative whose job in the U S is in Trademarks. He can spot a fake product “a mile away”.  His job is to spot trademark infringements. He was shocked at the prevalence of fake products in Guyana.“It’s a wild West out there in Guyana when it comes to fake goods,” he remarked. To tell you how extremely brand conscious Guyanese back home have become, a few months ago I was viewing on You Tube a “cuss down” between two Guyanese women over “a man”. In the midst of the cuss down one of the women went home and returned with a handful of panties, and pointing them in the direction of the other women, “yuh see deese panty, deese are Victoria Secrets panty”.  It didn’t matter that some had holes in them.Ralph Seeram can be reached at email: [email protected]
返回列表