;//'); define('UC_CHARSET', 'utf-8'); define('UC_IP', 'UC_IP'); define('UC_APPID', 'UC_APPID'); define('UC_PPP', '20'); Barnie allows his thoughts 51 - 男同交友 - MeiMei正妹交友論壇 - Powered by Discuz!
返回列表 回復 發帖

Barnie allows his thoughts 51

Now that the riots up and down the country have all but fizzled out just what should happen next? The Lincoln subsequently School of Journalism's Barnie Choudhury reported with the BBC on the Northern Riots in 2001. In this personal blog, Barnie offers his thoughts:
Flames engulfing the vehicles and the roar with violence lights up the summer dark. A petrol bomb overlooks me by inches. Let's begin again. On one side masked youths, on the other police in riot supplies. "Hold the line, hold the line,In . shouts one officer. It truly is midnight on the 7th of July 2001 and even though I have been previously tracking the events for several months across Oldham, Burnley and Bradford I'm just still wondering why it is happened. The only thing which will reduce the tensions is rainfall. I pray for it. That never comes and a few nights later the tension is usually spent and it all fizzles out. Time to reflect.
Fast forward for the 8th August 2011 and I'm with my family at Corfu airport and the British newspapers yell out the headlines. Out of pocket by two and a half Euros, I'm greedily bathing in the news. My stomach knot and I can smell the particular petrol and burning rubberized once again. And I predict what's going happen.
Today I can see the particular similarities and differences. Throughout 2001 text messages mobilised the crowd to the same effect. Youths who'd nothing to do with the towns and cities have driven in to grab a bit of the action. A decade later on and Twitter, Facebook and also Blackberry are the weapons of mass communication acting as a phone call to arms as well as a clarion intended for peace. In 2001 all of us faced calls for water cannons, by using plastic bullets and the armed service on the streets of where you live now Britain. Ten years on and the same calls are being manufactured. Listening to the radio talk indicates and speaking to ordinary persons, like those fitting in our windows, there remains a strong appetite for all of the above. I merely thank God we haven't crossed that Rubicon. Am I out of touch and too liberal? I like to think I am neither but it demands a period of self reflection. Like someone who abuses his or her companion, it becomes easier the second time right up until violence becomes routine.
In my opinion our call for punishment is often met without matching the mindless aggression. In 2002 there was looting but not on this degree. In my view the most impressive big difference has been a speedy criminal proper rights system working through the night so that you can expedite retribution, a rare sight. The actual move is backed up by a viscerally angry Prime Minister who spits your sound bites with equipment gun precision, promising running out lawless street gangs, no more political correctness and no more hugging some sort of hoody. To paraphrase: "If you're the right age to do the crime next expect to do the time. We will restore our streets". And he's supported by the biggest gangs of all; the police as well as the army.
When I was surveyed on Siren FM, Lincoln's first neighborhood radio station, I was inquired by its teenage presenters whether I thought this would customize the Olympics. I replied we was optimistic. In this land, we have this apparent countless energy to bounce back in times of national strife. In this duration of tension and trouble the photographs for me are the man merely apparently being robbed by simply thugs pretending to help him and the father of one of the South Asian men murdered around Birmingham, standing on the shoulders with his neighbours calling for contentment and tolerance, regardless of battle, colour or creed.
But that doesn't mean we shouldn't learn training. Once the dust has settled I hope the government will do an enquiry. I know, I know. We're at risk of being "enquired out". In 2001 there were three separate reports reviewing what went wrong. My partner and i said at the time and maintain these days they missed one important element: criminality. He concluded that i was living in a culture involving fear:
"Fear of people talking freely and honestly about issues, either within their communities as well as across different cultural areas, because of possible repercussions, recriminations and also victimisation. Fear of leading and coping with effective change because of attainable public and media complaints. Fear of challenging wrong doing as a consequence of being labelled and that is true across all ethnic
categories. Fear of crime even though the shop dead that violent crimes are stored on the decline. Fear of dealing with the gang culture, this illegal drugs trade along with the growing racial intolerance, harassment along with abuse that exists. Concern about confronting all white and/or all Muslim schools about their side of the bargain, or rather lack of contribution, so that you can social and racial intergrated ,. Fear of establishing a corporate identity for the District as a whole as most people outside the City along with immediate surrounds do not notice themselves as part of Bradford."
When the dust has settled we start to use one enquiry under one ceo or woman with all party support. In my view it needs to evaluate three elements:
1. confidence between police and areas
2. use of social media being a tool for stirring hatred/criminality
A few. reporting of violence in addition to extremist groups by the media
I really hope it won't be conducted by the regular suspects. I hope there will be clean blood in there. I hope Barbour Dublin our next report will have credibility. To accomplish this no subject can be taboo. We will need to blast the walls of political correctness and dig until finally we see what crawls out. With 2001 the problem was based on the fault lines of kind. As Dr Marian Fitzgerald, professor of criminology at Kent Crime in addition to Justice Centre, University associated with Kent, explained so beautifully on BBC Radio Five Reside this morning, in 2011 these tectonic discs have shifted. Race has played a part in these riots. But not the way we might think. It's more subtle. It's more complex. It's not a longer a case of ebony and also ivory. It's about the ongoing struggle of accepting innovative emerging immigrant communities settling in england from across Europe. You want the identities which make up Britain today. It's about a dysfunction in values. It's about this hopelessness of youth. Really want getting something for nothing. It is so much more than the violent episodes and the looting we've witnessed within the last few four days.
That old clich "hindsight is such a wonderful thing" has never been more correct. It is a wonderful tool given it just might prevent future difficulty   which will happen just as day follows day   but only if i am humble enough to learn the lessons of history.

000 years to degrade in landfills  35

y disadvantage compromiso  19

can help with muscle rigidity  70

sealing the win.  12

Sen. Kay Hagan of North Carolina  28
返回列表